Our organization is growing!
Looking for an opportunity to make a true difference in the lives of others?
Check out this quick video to see what employees are saying about working at Merici.
The following positions are currently available.
To apply for a position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Life Skills Coach
Village of Merici is looking for full and part-time coaches to work with our clients. The coaching staff provides skills training and supports clients with homemaking and accessing the community for leisure and recreational activities. Coaches assist the client in the acquisition, improvement and retention of skills necessary to support the individual to live successfully in their own home or apartment. Coaches assist and train clients in activities of daily living such as learning to cook, budgeting finances, complete laundry tasks, shop for groceries and personal items and development appropriate communication and social skills for integration in to the community.
- Must be at least 18 years old and must demonstrate the ability to communicate adequately on order to a) complete required forms and reports of visits and b) follow oral or written instructions.
- Must demonstrate willingness to accept supervision.
- Must demonstrate an interest in and empathy for individuals.
- Must have a negative TB screening prior to delivering services and updated as required.
- Must have CPR certification and be updated at least every two (2) years.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and auto insurance if transporting clients and/or driving on company business.
- Must satisfy criminal history background requirements and pass a drug screening assessment.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited University is preferred.
- Experience with Individuals/Adults with Developmental Disabilities is preferred.
- Experience working in an administrative capacity is preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Individual must be detail oriented.
- Organizational skills are a must.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Individual must be able to work in a self-directed work environment.
For more information contact:
Village of Merici, Inc.
Michelle Harker – Staff Support Specialist
5707 Lawton Loop East Drive OFC 22
Indianapolis IN 46216
Angie has lived independently at Merici Village Apartments for many years. Angie is a hard worker and loves to be busy. She maintains three different jobs within the Indianapolis community.
We need your support.
Your tax-deductible donations help to support people like Angie.